SENIOR MANAGER OF UX
Dynamic track record of collaborating with stakeholders, solving complex problems, and delivering successful products.
- Expert at defining the user experience by understanding the problem, discovering pain points, setting goals, creating personas, ideating to produce storyboards and journey maps, wireframing, prototype, and validate designs.
- Proficient in project scoping, team building, collaborating with engineers, development, and marketing teams, managing deadlines, understanding and articulating priorities, trail blazing innovative solutions, and delivering results.
- Excellent communicator, possessing strengths in both creative and analytical thinking with the innate ability to lead and develop large diverse teams and projects.
Design Thinking, User Centered Design , Product Management, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Wireframing, Prototyping, Creating Design Systems and Style guides.
Miro, Sketch, Axure, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision, Abstract, Craft, Zeplin, Balsamiq, Frontify, Jira, VSTS, Aha, HTML, CSS, Wordpress
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEMcKesson, Scottsdale, AZ
Senior Manager of UX 8/2019 - Present
Implementation and education of Design Thinking principles across different products/solution. Aligning the teams on product vision through research, collaboration, workshops. Getting executive buy in through story telling of the end user through personas, user flows, user journeys and metrics. Creating design brief to align the team, wireframe and prototype to validate the success of the experience through usability tests with the end user. Lead a Global UX Meetup two times a month for the greater McKesson to promote best practices, introduce individuals not in the field to its value in their role and encourage collaborating across business units.Key Achievement:
- Improved user onboarding by 60% on Oncology Application
- Global Recognition writeup for Covid Dashboard Solution
- Covid-19 Back to Work Solution for essential non-wired employees
- Breaking silos and evangelizing UX and Design Thinking across the organization
Senior UX Designer, 3/2019 - 8/2019
Create product vision, glossary of terms, user flows and interaction design standards for higher education accreditation software.Key Achievement:
- Created user friendly solution for the complex university accreditation process.
UX Contractor, 2/2018 - 01/2019
Execute UI/UX design and develop product vision for platform software, ensuring consistence across all products. Collaborate with internal stakeholders, technical teams, and offshore developers and quality assurance teams, managing all design phases—the design process, user research, digital prototyping, and usability testing. Ensure product meets end user requirements and appeals aesthetically. Develop design documentation, complimenting user stories and COAs for offshore development. Collaborated cross-functionally with product owners to create user stories, with research team to test visioning, and with information architecture for technical support.Key Achievement:
- Create feature to batch account code changes.
- Dashboard redesign providing customization by users
- Build design system to implement consistency across all products
Product Manager (2/2017 - 2/2018)
Worked closely with CMO, CTO, and COP for strategic direction, with development teams to ensure high quality integration, security, and performance, and with marketing to manage brand design and online promotions. Key participant in scrum meetings, contributing to 2 to 3 week sprints.Key Achievements:
- Manage the redesign, build and transfer of over 5000 articles on the web platform and added 2 new multi channels with a month deadline.
- Produced quiz plugin to create content and collect analytics.
- Researched programmatic advertising and continually assessed performance to improve product offerings and drive revenue.
Performed user interviews, usability testing, wireframing, rapid digital prototyping and architecture for influencer software, custom plugins, Snapchat Discover screens, digital marketing, and landing pages. Utilized Adobe CC, Sketch, and Invision. Translated user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design wireframes into design systems (CSS and html) to produce visual elements. Worked side by side with development and product. Key participant in scrum meetings, contributing to 2 to 3 week sprints.Key Achievements:
- Created an influencers platform, resulting in an 80% profit.
- Created an automated onboarding process for content providers.
- Provided design direction for apps, landing pages and website
Owner / UX Consultant (1/1998 - Present)
Provide clients in various industries with UI/UX, information architecture, interaction design, user interfaces, wireframing and prototyping websites, and developing apps, plugins, and software. Assess client problems, gather requirements, and offer end-to-end consultative solutions. Execute in-depth research to create map user flows, wireframes, and prototype interactions and implement rigorous testing. Manage all small business operations including contract negotiations, marketing, and financial management.Key Achievements:
- Recognized by clients for creating pixel perfect nimble environments easily adaptable across platforms.
- Developed custom CMS and training for seamless client delivery and transition.
- Increased foot traffic by 20% at local shopping center through website and social media marketing
- Apprenticed under John Pugh world muralist and helped produce the winning mural in Winslow Arizona.
Career Note: Also worked as Creative Director Designer for Holiday Channel from 7/1996 to 5/2000.
Arizona State University
Bachelor of Science in Interactive Computer Graphics
Nielsen Norman Group
UX Management Certification (in progress)